Thursday, December 3, 2009

34 weeks down

Today I am officially 34 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I think it's safe to say that I am slowly starting to lose my mind. Sleeping has become very tough. When I do finally find a comfortable position at night, I am usually woken up by my acid reflex, braxton hicks contractions, the baby kicking or my skin itching. I have also noticed that breathing has started to become more and more difficult. All of my insides are completely squished.

I've been told that there are specific reasons pregnant women are supposed to be uncomfortable towards the end of pregnancy. I guess it makes us even more excited for our babies to be born. And apparently the lack of sleep is supposed to prepare us for waking up in the middle of the night with a new born. I don't know all about that... I'd be excited either way, and it would be nice to get some quality sleep before she comes!

Work as become tougher and tougher. I literally dread Thursdays when I have to walk around the departments and pass out paychecks. Just getting out of my chair has started to take a lot of effort. Every time I walk up stairs I sound like I've just run a marathon because of how hard I'm breathing.

I'm definitely starting to feel ready for this baby to come! Her room is almost together and it looks so cute. We've almost got all of my paperwork in order for taking my maternity leave and preregistering for the hospital. I can't believe how real this is all becoming! I'm so excited! All of these aches and pains are about to pay off and I'll have a beautiful baby girl to show for them.

I love you already baby girl. You've stolen my heart! Now please just hurry up and get here, because you're hurting my back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment