Thursday, December 10, 2009

35 weeks pregnant and PUPPS!

Ahhhh! I can't believe that I'm 35 weeks pregnant already. I am so excited for this baby! I keep dreaming about what she will look like, holding her for the first time and welcoming her into our family. In just a few weeks, we will have a daughter and our lives will be changed for the better.

As excited as I am getting for this baby girl to come, I am also getting almost as excited to not be pregnant anymore. Over the last week I have developed PUPPPs which stands for "pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy" aka not fun... not fun at all. PUPPPs is a rare rash that sometimes developes late in pregnancy for some women and usually is centralized around the belly. Lucky for me, I have developed an extra bad case of it and it has spread all the way to my hands and ankles. The worst part about it is that it itches like crazy! Sleeping has become near impossible and it doesn't sound like it will be getting any better any time soon. Needless to say, I could do without this annoying, unsightly rash.

Here is a picture of my left shin... the rash gets wors the closer it gets to belly, but I'm not willing to bare it all on the internet.



With this rash has come more doctor's appointments, which I don't really mind because I always love to hear her heartbeat and to check on how she is doing. Luckily, everything looks good. Her heartbeat is strong, she is still moving a ton and PUPPPs actually isn't dangerous for mom or baby. At my last doctor's appointment I was surprised to learn that I had actually lost 2 pounds. The doctor assured me that this most likely was just due to the fluctuation in the amount of water I have been retaining. Either way I'll take it! My next appointment is scheduled for next Friday and depending on how I'm feeling I might be checked to for early signs of labor!!! :)

This has been such a journey! I still have a few more weeks to go, but I can't believe that the bid day is almost here!

No comments:

Post a Comment