Tuesday, December 15, 2009

36 weeks... aka 9 months!

I'm officially 9 months pregnant!

When looking back at the past 9 months, I can't believe how much our lives have changed already. These days, much of our life is centered around this baby. Whether we're prepping for the baby, decorating for her, shopping for her or just talking about the baby it really doesn't matter because she is always on our minds. I love looking through and reading some of my older posts. My belly has gotten so huge!!! It makes me laugh when I see pictures of it because it really looks like I have a basketball stuffed under my shirt. I'm excited to see what more my body is capable of, I'm sure I'll be really impressed once all is said and done.

The last week has really been full of exhaustion. I am literally not sleeping anymore. This is in part due to my rash, my acid reflex and all of the other pleasant pregnancy side effects that I have going on. Because of my insomnia, I have found myself doing a lot more nesting. I've been doing tons of laundry and folding and refolding all of her clothes. Her room is really starting to look so good! I can't wait to see her in it.

Other than that, there haven't been a ton of new things going on. It is definately feeling like winter outside and the holidays are just around the corner. We have had tempatures below freezing for the past couple of days and it has made walking outside a little dangerous. I actually slipped and fell pretty hard yesterday. It absolutely scared me half to death because I landed right on my side, partially on my belly. Luckily she started moving right away so I knew she was okay, but just to be on the safe side, I called my doctor and double checked. She reconfirmed that our baby girl was fine as long as baby girl was still moving, and I wasn't bleeding or having contractions or anything.

I can't wait for Christmas and New Years... it's going to help the next couple of weeks go by faster and then soon there after we'll be getting the best gift of all. This will be the first year that we aren't spending heading over to Tri-Cities at all for Christmas. It will be a little different spending Christmas morning just the two of us, but I'm actually kind of looking forward to it. It will be nice and relaxing for once, but I'll still miss some of the holiday chaos that the rest of the family will be enjoying.

Here is a picture of me at 36 weeks wearing the same shirt as 32 weeks... look at the difference in just a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment