Saturday, December 26, 2009

37 weeks down... Merry Christmas

So... this post is a little late, but things have been pretty busy because of Christmas. Unfortunately, Santa didn't bring me what I really wanted this year... a beautiful, healthy baby girl and an awesome tax break, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that she will come soon.

Like I said, this last week has been busy. I have been winding things down with work, getting ready to make my exit just in case. Luckily, I've been able to take off all of next week so I can get in some final days of resting and nesting. With winding work down, there have been a lot of little projects that I've needed to wrap up in order to be able to pass everything on. Luckily, I'll have some good support while I'm out of the office and it shouldn't be too bad to come back to.

With Christmas this week, I feel like I've been eating non-stop. I'm a little worried about the look on my doctor's face when she sees me step on the scale next time. I feel huge... probably because I am huge. I waddle 100% of the time these days, and my belly is so heavy that I find myself leaning back to support it. I feel like I've gained weight all over too. My legs and face seem bigger, and of course the swelling of my hands and feet isn't helping much.

Scott and I have officially started baby boot camp, trying to work this little girl down. We've been walking more and more, I've been eating the spiciest of foods and trying to explore new ideas to jump start labor. So far, the spicy food has only upset my stomach, but the walking has lead to more braxton hicks contractions. The other night, while we were out on our walk, I got the strongest contractions yet. I literally felt like I was going to pee my pants. I very seriously contemplated making a pit stop in the bushes, but luckily no extreem measures were taken and I made it home okay.

Scott and I also got a little excitement this past Tuesday with some false labor. After I had gotten up from the couch I noticed a couple of contractions and felt a sudden gushing sensation. I literally thought that I may have broken my water, but wasn't sure because I expected more out of it and the contractions didn't seem to be getting stronger. Just to be safe, I called the hospital and they had me come in to see if I was leaking amniotic fluid. While they said it was good that I came in just to be safe, the did make me feel a little stupid when they asked me if I might have just peed my pants. I don't know what it was, but I assure everyone that I didn't pee my pants... at least I think :). It was nice to get to hear her heartbeat again and see how some of my contractions were registering. It looks like my body is slowly but surely preparing myself for the big day.

On another note, big sister Mya has been absolutely terrible lately. I think that she notices that there is a big change about to take place and has been acting out by being destructive. She has managed to jump on the counter and heat entire plates of cookies (plastic plates included), as well as tissue, a bottle of Tums and opened up a few Christmas presents for us. Scott and I are trying our best to give her lots of attention and work her into this whole baby thing, but she isn't making it any easier on herself. I think we might need the dog whisperer.

Hopefully, labor is just around the corner. I am getting more and more excited for the entire Mommy experience by the day.

I absolutely can't wait to meet you little girl, I already love you with all of my heart!

Weekly belly photo taken at 37 weeks and 2 days... pretty sure the belly enters the room 5 seconds before I do :) With each day I feel her getting bigger and stronger, prepping herself for her entrance into the world.

And I just had to include a picture of Mya trying to look innocent and adorable. At this moment, she is probably exhausted from eating 5 lbs of Christmas cookies and the plates they came on. Bless her goofy little heart, we love her anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment